Thursday, June 17, 2004

My Dumb Ass Boss

Please Refer to entry titled "Long Day"

Okay...when my mom gave me the news of the death in the family, I was just walking into my building to start my day. So, I immediately went into the stairwell and I just sat and cried and talked to my mom. That was around 8:00 a.m. Now, a woman came to me and asked if she could do anything for me. I told her what floor I worked on and to notify my boss of where I was and what was going on. So, I didn't make it to my office until 9:00 a.m. So I tell the Degrootenator (the name for my boss) what happened and everything and he just naturally assumes that I was gonna stay in the office. Now...I did plan to stay all day just to keep me from being home and being lonely. But...this bitch just gave me some weak ass "words of encouragement" and then had some "tasks" for me. Okay...that shit totally pissed me off. I hate my fuckin' job. I really do. I hope I do the damn thing in this upcoming interview that I have. It pays more and it ain't so damn stressful. These folks in this damn office act like this place is gonna fall apart without them. They act like this is first priority and then other shit comes afterwards. My boss actually took his wife to San Fransisco for a vacation and this man called in the office everyday for this and that and that and this and....if I were his wife I would've been all up in his shit for doing that mess! You know?

Well, I need to get back to work and do some cubicle stuff and try to get outta here. I almost feel bad for somewhat wanting to leave early. I"m extremely exhausted from all the crying I did this morning. Stressful events can take so much out of you.

No comments: